FAQs – Intensive Training
1. At what time does the training start and end?
A: Each day the training begins at 9:15am and ends at 4:15pm.
2. What room is the training in?
A: When you arrive at the training location, there wil be a clearly marked sign indicating this information.
3. What time should I arrive to check in and when is the room open for seat selection?
A: The room will be open no earlier than 8:50am.
4. Can I get a receipt for my payment?
A: Your Paypal receipt is the official receipt.
5. If I paid by Paypal, does this mean that I’m registered for the training?
A: Yes, when you pay by Paypal, VSNT gets a direct confirmation that you have paid and you are immediately registered for the upcoming training class.
6. Can I take the Intermediate and Advanced Practice training without taking the Level One training?
A: You are allowed to register for the next level of training but it is highly advised that you take the Level One with VSNT first to ensure that you are prepared for the Intermediate and Advanced Levels. Please send us an e-mail to ensure that you have enough training to meet the level of expectations for the Intermediate and Advanced Practice courses.
7. Are there any assigned readings that I can do before attending the Level One Therapy and Advanced Practice and Supervision training sessions?
A: Yes, you can read Dr. Madigan’s book in the APA Theories of Psychotherapy Series called Narrative Therapy. It can be purchased at www.amazon.com. We will also contact you with a welcome letter closer to the start date and will let you know if there are any other assigned readings. There is no need to contact us ahead of time.
8. Is there anything else I need to do once I have registered?
A: No. Closer to the date of the training you will be contacted through e-mail with a welcome letter from Dr. Stephen Madigan.
9. Do I have to stay at the hotel that the training is taking place at?
10. What other places do you recommend staying at if I’m on a budget?
A: Please visit this website which lists hostels and reasonably priced hotels in the downtown Vancouver area http://www.hostels.com/vancouver/canada or do a quick search on Google.
11. What is the weather like in Vancouver at this/that time of year?
A: Please visit this website for updated information:
12. I wanted to get more information about travelling from the airport to my accommodation. Where do I go?
A: Please visit translinks website: http://www.translink.ca/
13. Where can I find out about things to do and see while I’am in Vancouver during the training?
A: Please visit this link for more information or do a quick search on google: http://www.tourismvancouver.
14. Is food provided at the training session?
A: No, food is not provided but there will be a morning and afternoon break accompanied by a one and a half hour lunch break in order to give everyone an opportunity to eat. Water will be provided.
15. Will paper and pens be provided?
A: No, all registrants are asked to bring their own writing materials to take their own notes.
16. Do I get a certificate after completing the training sessions?
A: Yes, the VSNT presents personalized certificates to all attendees on the last day of training. We will verify the spelling of your name in person on the first day of the training.
17. Is there a refund policy at VSNT once I have paid for my training?
A: We have discontinued the practice of offering refunds due to the fact that we normally sell out all of the participant spots well ahead of time.
18. Can I take the Advanced Practice and Supervision training without taking the Level One training?
A: You are allowed to register for the next level of training but it is highly advised that you take the Level One with VSNT first to ensure that you are prepared for the Advanced Level. Please send us an e-mail to ensure that you have enough training to meet the level of expectations for the Advanced Practice and Supervision
19. Do you have a student rate?
A: Yes, we do have student rates for some trainings. If we do, they will be available on the webpage for that particular training. Please note: You must have a valid student ID to take advantage of the student rate and your student ID must have been valid at the time of your payment to VSNT for the training (note: the ID does not have to be valid on the date of the actual training). If your student ID does not have an expiry date (if it’s on the back please send a front and back picture of your ID) then please send a current student enrolment letter from your school for proof. Please also scan/photograph your ID and email a copy to email@example.com
20. If I cannot attend my scheduled training can I transfer the tuition to another course?
A: Yes, but you must give us 21 days advanced notice of this change.
21. Q: If I have a tuition credit on file with VSNT when do I need to use it up by?
A: All tuition credits are valid for 1 year from the date paid to VSNT.